Our Union Bargaining Committee headed into contract negotiations with the State this week over our 2021-2023 DOC collective bargaining agreement for Teamsters at the DOC.
Due to the coronavirus crisis, negotiations are being held using Zoom, an online video conferencing platform.
On Wednesday, May 27, our Union Team met with the State for a training on the new technology and to establish ground rules for negotiations.
On May 28, our Union Committee met independently to review the results from the member survey we conducted and to begin to establish our initial proposals based on your input. Please view the entire schedule for negotiations below.
DOC contract negotiations dates
- May 27, 2020 (Zoom training day)
- May 28, 2020 (Union committee prep day)
- June 17-18, 2020
- July 1-2, 2020
- July 15-16, 2020
- July 22-23, 2020
- July 27-31, 2020
Joining us on our Union Negotiations Committee are all Teamsters 117 Union Representatives along with rank-and-file Shop Stewards from facilities across the State. I will be leading negotiations for the Union together with Eamon McCleery, our Union's staff attorney, and DOC Coordinator Sarena Davis.
Our 2020 DOC Union Negotiations Committee
- Michelle Woodrow, Teamsters 117 - President
- Eamon McCleery, Teamsters 117 - Staff Attorney
- Sarena Davis, DOC Coordinator
- Talisa Boad, Union Representative
- Cheryl Miller, Union Representative
- Fred Rodgers, Union Representative
- Wesley Wilson, Union Representative
- Corey Doty, AHCC – CS3
- Edward Smith, AHCC – CO2
- Sheryl Green, AHCC – RN2
- Christopher Lukens, CBCC – MM4
- Daniel Abercrombie, CRCC – CO2
- Brooke Hays, CRCC – CC2
- Shawn Piliponis, LCC – CC2
- Paul Moore, MCC – RN3
- Jason Heuer, MCC – CO3
- James Yadon, MCC – CO2
- Alena McGowan-Folsom, MCCCW – AC Cook
- Jesse Reese, SCCC – CO2
- Gregg Peterson, SCCC – CO2
- Tony Tellez, WCC – CISA
- James Deuel, WCC – CO2
- Kimberly Cook, WCCW – CO2
- Christopher Malone, WSP – CO2
- William Teepe, WSP – CO2
- Becky HaneyNixon, WSP – CC3
Given the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on the State budget, we anticipate that these will be challenging negotiations and may raise issues that we have not dealt with in the past. We will provide regular updates for you as negotiations progress.
If you have questions, please reach out to members on the Bargaining Committee or your Union Representative
Thank you for the invaluable service you are providing our communities. Please take care of yourself and your loved ones and remember to stay healthy and safe during this crisis and beyond.
Do you like this page?