- Investigate all grievances fairly and fully.
- Don't discriminate against your members.
- Pay attention and adhere to the time limits in your grievance procedure.
- Don't play favorites or act in an arbitrary manner.
- Represent all members equally and in good faith.
- Keep members informed.
- Investigate, prepare and present grievances in an above-board and professional manner.
- Don't "horse trade" grievances. Handle each grievance on its own merit.
- Not all grievances are taken forward, particularly to arbitration. Many are unfounded, without basis in contract violation, un-winnable, lack evidence or supporting data.
Do you like this page?