Congratulations, Cody! Cody Harris, a 20-year Teamster who works at the Fred Meyer distribution center in Puyallup, was awarded a Local 117 Solidarity Scholarship for continuing education at our September general membership meeting.
The Local 117 Executive Board approved the award on the recommendation of a scholarship committee consisting of representatives of the Local 117 caucuses.
Cody intends to use the award to help offset the ongoing costs of pursuing a degree in Health Information technology.
The Solidarity Scholarship is designed for members seeking to further their education. Possibilities include:
- Members seeking to improve their English language proficiency;
- Members seeking to earn their GED;
- Members seeking to gain CDL certification;
- Members seeking to enrol in OSHA training programs;
- Members seeking to enrol in labor education programs;
- Members otherwise seeking to enhance their education.
To apply, fill out an application and submit it to your Local Union office in Tukwila. The next application deadline is December 1, 2014.
Do you like this page?