The Tracey Thompson Scholarship is named in honor of our beloved former Secretary-Treasurer of Teamsters 117. The scholarship is designed for Local 117 members seeking to further their education. Read more about Tracey's life and legacy here.
The scholarship helps support:
- Members seeking to improve their English language proficiency;
- Members seeking to earn their GED or college degree;
- Members seeking to gain CDL certification;
- Members seeking to enroll in OSHA training programs;
- Members seeking to enroll in labor education programs;
- Members otherwise seeking to enhance their education.
HOW TO APPLY:
Eligible members must submit a scholarship application. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. The Local will award a winter and a summer scholarship. The deadline for the winter scholarship is December 1; the deadline for the summer scholarship is August 30. Award recipients are announced at the fall and winter membership meetings.
- Applicant must be an active member of Teamsters Local 117 in good standing;
- Applicant must provide proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university, trade school, technical school, vocational training program, GED prep course, ESOL course, or other recognized educational class or program.
Applications are reviewed by a scholarship committee that evaluates applications on the following criteria:
- Union involvement
- Years as a Teamster
- Teamster career advancement
- Geographical diversity
- Community involvement
- Economic hardship
- Appreciation of labor
Do you like this page?