On January 9, 2023, the Washington State Legislature convenes in Olympia for a new 105-day session that will run through April 24. As we do every year, Teamsters 117 advocates for legislation that will improve the quality of life and well-being of you and your family. Our focus is on holding politicians accountable and passing public policy that protects and expands your workplace rights.
This year, we will be working in coalition with our labor partners to:
- FUND OUR DOC CONTRACT: Recognize the vital work our members do to keep communities safe by funding the contract for our members at the Department of Corrections;
- WORKER PRIVACY: Creating a privilege that keeps worker conversations with their union representative confidential;
- WAREHOUSE WORKER PROTECTIONS: Require companies to inform workers upon hiring what their warehouse production standard is and how it is calculated;
- COLLECTIVE BARGAINING: Expand the rights of public sector WMS workers who don’t currently have the legal right to organize;
- PSERS FOR 911: Improve retirement security for 911 call takers and dispatchers by moving them into the Public Safety Retirement System (PSERS).
Our Legislative Affairs Department will be tracking bills related to these issues during legislative session as well as many others that may impact you and your family. If our legislative team identifies bills that requires public testimony, we may be reaching out to you for your support. You can learn more about our legislative priorities here.
WSLC & TEAMSTERS 117 LOBBY DAY - FEB. 3, 2023
We'll be partnering with the Washington State Labor Council for a lobby day on February 3, 2023 to lift the voices of Teamsters working in the private sector. Meet up with other members of Teamsters 117 on the Capitol Steps in Olympia at 9 a.m. on February 3. We'll review our priorities before heading out together to meet with legislators.
Registration is closed
DOC LOBBY DAY - FEB. 8-9, 2023
Join us for our DOC Lobby Day for Teamsters at the Department of Corrections on February 8-9, 2023. We'll be meeting at the Olympia Hotel at Capitol Lake (2300 Evergreen Park Dr. SW) on February 8 at 6:30 P.M. The next morning we will have a short training and breakfast and then hit the hill for Lobby Day appointments with legislators.
Registration is closed
We have won groundbreaking wins through the legislative process. Join us to speak out for working families! If you have questions, please talk to your Union Representative or connect with our Teamsters 117 Legislative Affairs Department.
Do you like this page?