The topics below are intended to reflect only a limited sample of the representational work that is occurring at your facility. If you have questions about specific issues, please talk to your Business Representative.
|AIRWAY HEIGHTS CORRECTIONS CENTER
- On 2/25, Representative Humbert attended the Spokane Labor Council meeting to hear and discuss local issues within the area.
- Grievance Resolution Panel for AHCC, WSP and CRCC is scheduled for this month. Several cases will be presented by Representative Humbert.
- There will be several Step 1 grievance hearings involving various issues at the facility this month. Updates for these meetings will be forthcoming.
- Representative Humbert will be meeting for a Pre-Arbitration Hearing on March 4 regarding BID Boards and the requirement for members to take holidays off in specific positions.
- We have issued a statewide demand to bargain over DOC moving to a Centralized Pharmacy system. We will be bargaining over changes that will impact our members. The first negotiation session took place on March 6.
- Representative Humbert will be out the week of March 17to prepare for contract negotiations and our annual Shop Steward Seminar from 3/21-3/22.
|COYOTE RIDGE CORRECTIONS CENTER
- On 2/13, we had our contract demands meetings at CRCC to discuss interest arbitration and upcoming contract negotiations. At the meeting we discussed compensation, the supplemental pension, pay disparity, increased workloads, and staffing levels.
- Representative Dean was successful at step 1 grievance hearing regarding an on-call employee who had been denied his shared leave.
- Representative Dean attended demands meetings at AHCC on February 6 and at WSP on February 11.
- Representative Dean achieved three overtime bypasses last month due to the improper application of seniority.
- On 2/19, Representative Dean attended the LSAC committee meeting. We are currently recruiting new participants. If you are interested, talk to your Shop Steward.
- Grievance Resolution Panel for AHCC, WSP, and CRCC is scheduled for this month.
- Representative Dean will be out the week of March 17 to prepare for contract negotiations and for our annual Shop Steward Seminar from 3/21-3/22.
| WASHINGTON STATE PENITENTIARY
- On 2/11, we had our contract demands meetings at WSP to discuss interest arbitration and upcoming contract negotiations. At the meeting, we discussed compensation, pay disparity, increasing workloads, and numerous other issues at the facility.
- We had record return on our contract surveys. More surveys means that more DOC members have voiced their concerns and prioritized issues that are important to us.
- On 2/13, Representative Greg Senderhauf attended a meeting with management to discuss changes involving the dining halls in the east complex.
- Representative Senderhauf was involved in several employee investigations in the last month.
- Shop Stewards at WSP are in the process of updating member information in preparation for contract negotiations. Stewards will be contacting all members over the next few weeks.
- We received the results of a workplace diversity consultation regarding a situation that affected several employees in health services.
- On 2/10, two WSP officers were assaulted by an inmate in the library. The officers were transported to a local hospital, where they were treated for injuries sustained in the attack, and then released. Both officers are back at work.
- Grievance Resolution Panel for AHCC, WSP and CRCC is scheduled for this month.
- Representative Senderhauf will be out the week of March 17 to prepare for contract negotiations and for our annual Shop Steward Seminar from 3/21-3/22.