|AIRWAY HEIGHTS CORRECTIONS CENTER
- Grievance was filed on 9/6 for improper bid denial.
- Grievance meeting held on 9/18 for denial of a member’s CBA day by CI.
- On 9/10, we moved five cases to arbitration over a variety of issues.
- Bargaining took place at AHCC on 9/16 over evidence-based programs and duties for classification counselors. Additional negotiations will be occurring.
- Bargaining is scheduled for 10/16 over a variety of issues in the warehouse.
- A PARM is scheduled for 9/23 over a change in practice with regard to vacation scheduling.
- We will be posting for new Shop Stewards on 10/1 for 6 positions, both non-custody & custody positions.
- We have discussed an ongoing safety-related issue in the food factory. Management says that “they are looking into it.”
- Michelle Woodrow, your Union’s Director of Corrections, and DOC Coordinator Sarena Davis, toured AHCC on 9/11.
|COYOTE RIDGE CORRECTIONS CENTER
- In April, Business Rep. Eydie Dean filed a statewide grievance over the DOC’s refusal to pay holiday pay. There was no resolution to the issue at the Step 1 and Step 2 grievance process. The grievance has been scheduled for PARM.
- Bargaining took place at Airway Heights on 9/16 over evidence-based programs and duties for classification counselors. Additional negotiations will be occurring.
- Bargaining took place on 9/17 over Construction and Maintenance Project Supervisor positions. We are negotiating job duties and job descriptions. Three CRCC members were at the table.
- We will be posting for new Shop Steward signups in the first week of October.
| WASHINGTON STATE PENITENTIARY
- A grievance was filed on 8/30 over improper discipline.
- A Grievance Panel was held on Tuesday, September 10 to discuss Metal Detectors in E. Complex. The DOC has agreed to add a metal detector in E. Complex Kitchen; LMCC will be held with E. Complex Staff, scheduled for Tuesday, October 1. We will determine after the LMCC whether to move forward with the grievance.
- Two grievances regarding Safety/Workplace Bullying and Sexual Harassment in a particular work area are under investigation. Grievance hearings are pending the outcome of the investigation.
- Grievances/Situations Resolved
- Filed grievance resolved: Grievance 160-12 regarding a performance evaluation resolved—language removed from evaluation.
- Return to work within 72-hours for employee who resigned
- Improper overtime assignment for a Correctional Mental Health Counselor.
- Potential Grievances Being Investigated
- Application of overtime for Correctional Mental Health Counselors.
- Overtime worked at straight-time rates for on-call officers.
Labor Management Meetings:
- Upcoming meeting on October 1st, E. Complex Custody Staff.
- Upcoming meeting on October 15th, Joint Health Services—Custody LMCC.
- Upcoming meeting for Counselors in late October, primarily for D-E-F-G counselors. Focus on workload and Evidence-Based Programs.
Shop Steward Elections:
- Shop Steward sign-up sheets will be posted from October 1-15 on the East and West Complex Bulletin Boards. Steward elections, if necessary, will be held during the week of October 21-25.
Community Sponsorship Winners:
- Two WSP members submitted Community Sponsorship applications for Walla Walla Cattleman’s Association 4H and for a Pasco Youth Football—“C” Division Sharks. Both were approved for sponsorship.