2023 Jayme Biendl Scholarship
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS - 2023 SCHOLARSHIP CLOSED
Teamsters Local 117 has established a new scholarship fund intended to support working Teamster women and their dependents. The Jayme Biendl Working Womxn's scholarship was established in memory of Officer Jayme Biendl of the Monroe Correctional Complex who was killed in the line of duty in 2011.
In 2022, the Teamsters Local 117 Womxn’s Committee will award three scholarships to qualified womxn members and dependents. The term “womxn” is used to be inclusive of all people who identify as women. The scholarship must be used for continuing education or a training/vocational program.
Applicant must be:
- A current, working Teamster womxn OR
- A dependent – either child or spouse – of a working Teamster womxn OR
- A womxn dependent – either child or spouse – of any active member
Proof of current enrollment must be provided. Acceptable documentation can include the following:
- Copy of official transcript
- Copy of student ID card AND
- Copy of current class schedule
- Proof of acceptance into school or program AND
- Name of institutional payee
Do you like this page?