Teamsters Local 117 has established a new scholarship fund intended to support working Teamster women and their dependents. The Jayme Biendl Working Womxn's scholarship was established in memory of Officer Jayme Biendl of the Monroe Correctional Complex who was killed in the line of duty in 2011.
In 2020, the Teamsters Local 117 Womxn’s Committee will award three scholarships to qualified women members and dependents. The term “womxn” is used to be inclusive of all people who identify as female. The scholarship must be used for continuing education or a training/vocational program.
Teamsters 117 is now accepting applications for the scholarship for 2020. Applications must be submitted to the office of Teamsters Local 117 by 5:00pm on Tuesday, March 31, 2020. To apply, please complete the online application below:
Applicant must be:
- A current, working Teamster womxn OR
- A dependent – either child or spouse – of a working Teamster womxn OR
- A womxn dependent – either child or spouse – of any active member
Proof of current enrollment must be provided. Acceptable documentation can include the following:
- Copy of official transcript
- Copy of student ID card AND
- Copy of current class schedule
- Proof of acceptance into school or program AND
- Name of institutional payee