A small number of obstructionists in the Senate rigged the vote to block an amendment that would have funded our contract.
You’ve already sent hundreds of e-mails to legislators to oppose that Senate scheme and instead support the House approach that fully funds our negotiated contract.
Now a series of public actions are set for Saturday, April 18, in key legislative districts around the state.
Working with other public employee unions across Washington, we are holding simultaneous #PublicServiceMatters actions in seven cities in seven key districts where we hope their state senator will listen.
The actions will be 11 a.m. to 12 noon, Saturday, April 18 in the following cities:
- Centralia (Dist. 20 – Sen. John Braun)
- Monroe (Dist. 39 - Sen. Kirk Pearson)
- Medical Lake (Dist. 6 – Sen. Michael Baumgartner)
- Shelton (Dist. 35 – Sen. Tim Sheldon)
- Steilacoom (Dist. 28 – Sen. Steve O’Ban)
- Federal Way (Dist. 30 – Sen. Mark Miloscia)
- Yelm (Dist. 2) – Sen. Randi Becker)
For location information and to RSVP, please click on any of the above links.
Do you like this page?