Your new 2015-2017 collective bargaining agreement for Teamsters at the Department of Corrections is now available.
Your contract was funded in the state's operating budget that was signed by the Governor on June 30. Several members attended a ceremonial signing of the contract today with Governor Inslee and Secretary-Treasurer John Scearcy in the Governor's office.
- You can access a PDF of your new contract here. If you are unable to access the PDF, a link to the document is also available on the OFM website.
Your contract includes a 9.8% wage increase over the 2015-2017 biennium with a 5.5% increase effective July 1, 2015 and a 4.3% increase effective July 1, 2016.
In addition, the contract includes the following:
- LPN weekend shift differential;
- An increase from $25 per day to $50 per day for overtime exempt employees on call;
- A 2.5% increase for sergeants;
- Changes in salary range for the following classifications: Electronics Technician, Electronics Technician 4, Electronic Technician Supervisors, Correctional Records Technicians 1 and 2, Correctional Records Supervisor, Corrections and Custody Officer 3
Your contract was achieved through the interest arbitration process and a coordinated campaign that involved the participation of thousands of members, their families, and supporters across the state who demanded that the difficult work of corrections be recognized.
We can be proud of this achievement.
Thank you for the incredible service you provide to our communities and as always, stay safe.
President and Director of Corrections & Law Enforcement