Interested in learning more about the impacts of climate change and what you can do about it? How will this impact your work, your family, your community?
Come learn how Teamsters 117 is partnering with community to work for climate justice. Please RSVP and see below for more information.
- Air and water pollution is causing acute risks for public and environmental safety. This 2-hour workshop, facilitated by members of the King County Labor Council climate caucus, will include:
- A short presentation from UAW 4121 scientists on the causes and impacts of climate change, both globally and in the Pacific Northwest
- A forward looking conversation to discuss the unique role of the labor movement in shaping a future that increases family wage jobs and protects our air, waters, and lands
- A hands-on skill-building session for having constructive conversations about climate change
- An overview of Initiative 1631, the Protect Washington Act, written by a coalition of labor, environmental, and civil rights groups to invest in clean energy and a more just future with a fee on pollution
For questions, please contact Karen Estevenin at 206-794-8471, or firstname.lastname@example.org
201 Jackson St
Seattle, WA 98104
Google map and directions