Working people are more anxious than ever about whether they will have enough money saved to enjoy a secure retirement.
With the median savings hovering around just $12,000 for people 10 years away from retirement, we all have good reason to be concerned.
Teamsters who work at the Tacoma Public Library are aware of this problem and they are taking it seriously. They want the ability to divert some of their own wages into the supplemental Teamsters pension.
It’s a smart idea and would help Tacoma librarians be more financially secure in retirement. The trouble is – the City of Tacoma is trying to block the librarians’ request. Even though several other groups at the City have the Teamsters pension in their contracts, the City doesn’t want librarians to enjoy the same right.
On behalf of Tacoma’s hardworking librarians, we urge you to email the Tacoma City Council and the Tacoma Library Board of Trustees immediately.
Tell them to provide Tacoma librarians the right to a secure retirement by allowing them to divert their own money into the Teamsters supplemental pension.
- Anders Ibsen - [email protected]a.org
- Robert Thoms - [email protected]
- Lauren Walker - [email protected]
- Marty Cambell - [email protected]
- Joe Lonergan - [email protected]
- Victoria Woodards - [email protected]
- David Boe - [email protected]
- Ryan Mello - [email protected]
- Jack Connelly - [email protected]
- Wayne Williams - [email protected]
- Sara Irish - [email protected]
- John Wallace - [email protected]
- Susan Odencrantz - [email protected]
Thank you for helping Tacoma librarians gain greater retirement security!
Do you like this page?