Take some time out of your busy day this Friday to celebrate Law Enforcement Appreciation Day and honor the brave men and women who put their lives on the line to protect our communities.
A career in law enforcement and public safety is no easy task. It requires incredible dedication and sacrifice to build stronger, safer communities. We all owe our brothers and sisters who work in the field our appreciation and gratitude.
On January 9, here's what you can do to show them you care:
- change your social media profile and cover picture to the image here
- wear blue clothing
- shine a blue light in your home, or outside your home
- send a note of support to your local police or sheriff's department
- join a local support event posted at http://WAStateCOPS.org
- THANK a law enforcement officer!
- ask your friends, family, neighbors and co-workers to do the same. Help them understand why this is important!
Here is a link to a video that can provide ideas as to how to support law enforcement on January 9: