All union members and their families are invited to the 2nd Annual Union Ride & Charity Rally™ to be held Saturday, Sept. 7 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Downtown Harley Davidson in Renton. Last year’s event was a tremendous success, but this year’s promises to be even bigger.
Following the event’s signature 3-Day Charity Poker Run with its regional sponsors, participants will gather at Downtown Harley Davidson’s massive facility where a host of activities are planned. An exciting addition this year is an online Internet motorcycle build, featuring the first-ever Seattle Seahawks Official Theme Bike Build for Charity. Plus, a custom car show has been added.
As a registered non-profit corporation in Washington State, the Union Ride & Charity Rally™ will donate 100% of all event registration, participant and rider sponsor fees raised at the event to the following charities:
- The Awareness, Education and Prevention of Youth Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) in Youth Sports
- Helmets to Hardhats (connecting veterans with career and job training in the construction trades)
- Northwest Harvest – Ending Child Hunger in Washington (statewide food bank)
- ANEW (Alternative & Non-Traditional Employment for Women, Minorities & Veterans)
The event is endorsed by the Washington State Building and Construction Trades Council, among many other labor organizations. WSBCTC Executive Secretary David Myers said:
This union-founded non-profit event… provides an unprecedented opportunity to showcase union values to communities throughout Washington. Their mission is provide the support and resources to help the less fortunate, put women, minorities and veterans back to work into the union trades, and ensure the safety of all our children. We implore you to support their ongoing efforts, just as we are, through event sponsorship, sharing this information with your membership and participating through attendance at this most worthwhile union event.
Here are some more event details for the 2013 event in Renton:
- Special Event Grand Prize Drawing: The Official Seahawks ‘Hawk Bike’ Custom Theme Motorcycle
- Charity Bike Poker Run Prize #2: To be announced
- Charity Car Poker Run Grand Prize #3: To be announced
- 3-day Charity Poker Run with multiple draw locations
- Outdoor Custom Bike Show
- Outdoor Custom Car Show
- Live Music on Outdoor Stage
- Charity Food Truck Challenge
- Roller Derby Raffle Challenge
- Custom Trophies, Prizes, Vendors and More
- Registration online, at the event, and retail locations
- Rider – 25.00*
- Rider & Passenger – $35.00*
- Non-Rider Participant – $25.00*
* Includes 3 Day Poker Run Participation, Custom 2013 URCR Event Pin, Laser-etched Silicone ID Bracelet, URCR Event Helmet Sticker, & chance to enter raffle for the The Official Seattle Seahawks Custom Theme Harley Davidson Motorcycle.
For more information, visit UnionRide.org.
Do you like this page?