If you live in the City of Tacoma, we have good news! Tacoma Mayor Marilyn Strickland has announced she will introduce a paid sick leave bill this Tuesday.
What’s not good is that she negotiated provisions with corporate interests rather than focusing on protecting family and public health. The people of Tacoma need our help now to win a strong paid sick and safe leave law.
You can help: If you live or work in Tacoma:
1. Call Mayor Strickland at (253) 594-7848 with the message that Tacoma needs a strong sick leave law with 5 to 9 days of leave and protections for all workers.
2. Come to City Hall on Tuesday, Dec. 9, 3:00 Municipal Bldg North, 733 Market St, room 16, when the Council will begin discussing the paid sick days proposal.
3. Call the City Council Member for your District and the two At-Large members and tell them that Tacoma needs a strong sick leave law with 5 to 9 days of leave and protections for all workers:
- Anders Ibsen - Position 1 (253) 591-5470,
- Robert Thoms - Position 2 (253) 591-5470,
- Lauren Walker - Position 3 (253) 591-5470,
- Marty Campbell - Position 4 (253) 591-5470,
- Joe Lonergan - Position 5 (253) 594-7848
- Victoria Woodards, Deputy Mayor - Position 6 (253) 591-5470,
- David Boe - At-large Position 7 (253) 594-7848
- Ryan Mello - At-large Position 8 (253) 591-5470,
We need a strong show of support to help Tacoma win a meaningful paid sick and safe leave ordinance.
Do you like this page?