Last year, Teamsters 117, working together with a coalition of state-employee unions, was unable to reach an agreement with the State over health care for the 2013-2015 biennium.
The coalition proposed maintaining the status quo on premium share and other elements of the plan, but the State refused to agree.
Now, the coalition has resumed health care bargaining with the State, and the State is dragging its heels again.
CALL THE GOVERNOR NOW!
Call Governor Inslee at 1-800-562-6000 or (360) 902-4111 and urge him to:
- Support a fair health care agreement that protects costs for state employees.
- Collaborate with the coalition of unions on any wellness program.
Tell the Governor that you support these values:
- A fair premium share that recognizes that hard work and sacrifices that Teamsters at the DOC make every day to keep our communities safe.
- Protections against skyrocketing co-pays, deductibles and other out-of-pocket costs. Let’s control medical costs, not balance them on our backs.
- State employees need to be equal partners in developing any wellness programs. That’s what Unions, led by Teamsters 117, have achieved in King County and other public sector jurisdictions.